18-in/8-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 4 Mic Preamps and Focusrite “Air” Effect, 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, ADAT I/O, 2 Headphone Outputs, and Included Software Bundle – Mac/PC
Focusrite’s Clarett 4Pre USB 18-in/8-out audio interface is a powerful foundation for your studio or mobile recording rig. It sports four great-sounding Clarett microphone preamplifiers, an outstanding dynamic range, and ultra-fast, low-latency performance. Clarett’s magic starts as soon as you plug your microphones in — the mic preamps feature Focusrite’s switchable Air effect, which switches in an analog model of Focusrite’s classic ISA transformer-based mic pre. With flexible connectivity including analog and S/PDIF I/O, the Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB is ready to integrate into virtually any recording rig.
Everything you need in a preamp/interface
Boasting 18 inputs and eight outputs, the Clarett 4Pre USB is perfect for your home recording rig. You get access to four great-sounding Clarett mic preamps right on the front panel, along with a high-power headphone output with level control. The XLR combo connectors also handle hot instrument and line inputs, so you can plug in your active bass or guitar, keyboard workstation, or anything else you want to record into your DAW. Go ahead and add reverb to that vocal as you’re rehearsing and recording; this USB interface sports impressive round-trip latency that’s so low, you could use your effects plug-ins while monitoring. With its stellar sonic performance, leading edge round-trip audio latency, flexible connectivity, and ease of use, the Clarett 4Pre is an excellent value.
Pristine mic pres with extra “air”
Engineered specifically for the Clarett range, the mic preamps in the Clarett 4Pre deliver gobs of gain yet extremely low noise and distortion. They also include Focusrite’s “Air” circuit that engages an analog model of the company’s classic transformer-based ISA mic pre. You’ll love the sound of these preamps: sweet, open, and very clean.Accurate digital conversion
Accurate digital conversion
Musiekwereld’s engineers know that conversion is key to superior digital audio, and the Clarett 4Pre features Focusrite’s class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 118dB of dynamic range, Clarett is the cleanest way to get sound in and out of your DAW.
Track the band in a single take
The Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB gives flexible I/O packed into a tidy desktop chassis. This includes four front-panel mic/line inputs (the first two of these are also instrument inputs), and on the rear panel, four analog line inputs and outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and eight channels of ADAT optical input. The ADAT input can be used to bring in eight additional digital mic preamp channels, such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII, for maximum flexibility. The front panel also includes two convenient headphone jacks with level controls.
Focusrite Control software
Your Clarett 4Pre USB comes with Focusrite Control, a software mixer that makes short work of configuring your monitoring and routing setups from Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers an easy-to-grasp traditional mixer workflow and gives you immediate access to internal hardware functions.
Included software bundle:
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube’s world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content, and more from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton – Live Lite: a customized version of Ableton Live software
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 8
- Number of Preamps: 4
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line/Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4″ (line)
- Analog Outputs: 4 x 1/4″ (line out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical (ADAT), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- USB: 1 x USB-C
- Software: Focusrite Control iOS app, Softube Time and Tone, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Red Plug-in Suite, Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11 or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 2.5″
- Width: 8.74″
- Depth: 7.56″
- Weight: 2.98 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: AMS-CLARETT-4PRE-USB