Solid body Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Flame Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece – Ash Gray
Add a Vintage Voice to Your Guitar Collection
Yamaha primed the RS720B solid body electric guitar for expressive, clear, bell-like tone, with its Bigsby vibrato tailpiece and a pair of overwound, low-output pickups. But make no mistake, the RS720B will definitely make your amplifier growl and roar if you hit it hard. The sonic flexibility is enhanced by the push-pull Dry circuit, which gives you single-coil-like snap without introducing additional noise. Combining a comfortable body, smooth-playing neck, and a rich voice, the Yamaha RS720B definitely deserves a place in your guitar collection.
Yamaha RS720B Solid body Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Clear, ringing, low-output tone from VT5 humbucking pickups
- Add snap and presence with a push-pull Dry switch
- Copious sustain from set-neck construction
- Revstar series guitars are packed with personality
The clear, ringing, low-output tone from VT5 humbucking pickups
Yamaha spent a lot of time fine-tuning the pickups in the Revstar series – they tested over 50 prototypes before settling on the perfect combination of wire, windings, magnets, and baseplates for each guitar model in the series. The VT5 humbuckers in the RS720B employ Alnico V magnets, a brass baseplate, and underwound polyurethane wire. This gives the RS720B a clear, ringing, low-output tone just like some of the most beloved vintage guitars ever created.
Add snap and presence with a push-pull Dry switch
Yamaha’s innovative Dry switch on the RS720B gives you the tone-shaping capabilities of a coil tap circuit while maintaining the noise-free operation of your humbuckers. The push-pull Dry switch is actually a passive filter that cuts out low frequencies, giving your tone even more clarity and punch to cut through the mix. You’ll achieve the same enhanced snap and twang that you’d expect from a single-coil pickup, without introducing any noise into your signal chain.
Copious sustain from set-neck construction
The mahogany neck on the Yamaha RS720B is set directly into the mahogany body. Guitarists at Musiekwereld like the set-neck design because it maximizes vibrational transfer throughout the guitar for impressive sustain and helps enhance note definition too. Clean tones ring out like a bell, while overdriven tones can sustain for days.
Revstar series guitars are packed with personality
Inspired by the bold styling of London and Tokyo’s vintage street-racing motorbikes, Yamaha’s Revstar series of electric guitars features dramatic curves, character-packed custom-wound pickups, and delightfully muscular tone. Each model in the Revstar lineup is full of its own distinct personality. These instruments exude a distinctiveness as unique as the guitarists who play them.
- Body Type: Solid body
- Body Shape: Revstar
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Maple/Mahogany
- Top Material: Flamed Maple Laminate
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Colour: Ash Gray
- Neck Material: 3-piece Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Medium
- Radius: 13.77″
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: SF
- Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Nut Width: 1.692″Nut Material: Urea Resin
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-O-Matic, Bigsby B50 tailpiece
- Tuners: Locking Die-cast
- Neck Pickup: VT5 Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: VT5 Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone (push/pull dry switch EQ engage), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: D’Addario EXL110, .010-.046
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number: RS720B