5-piece Electronic Drum Set with Mesh Heads, 4 x Cymbals, and TD-17 Sound Module
Value-packed V-Drums Kit with 12″ Mesh Snare and Expanded Feature Set
Sounds, pads, and features inspired by the toast of Roland’s V-Drums collection position the value-packed TD-17KVX squarely in pro territory. At the heart of this kit is the TD-17 module, with a sound engine and 50 preset drum kits built around Roland’s flagship TD-50. User-importable drum sounds take advantage of your ever-expanding sound libraries. And wireless Bluetooth support for music and MIDI streamline practice, jamming, and song building. New for the TD-17KVX are Roland’s 12″ dual-trigger PDX-12 snare pad with two-ply tuneable mesh head, floating VH-10 stand-mount hi-hat, and dynamic KD-10 kick tower. A trio of mesh-headed 8″ toms, two 12″ crashes, and Roland’s three-zone 13″ CY-13R ride complete the package.
TD-17 Sound Module
Sounds and FX engine based on Roland’s flagship TD-50. 50 preset kits and 310 drum/percussion sounds inspired by the V-Drums TD-50 equip the TD-17 sound module for virtually any style, from world music to EDM and metal. User sounds can be imported as WAV files via SD/HC card — a first for a V-Drums module at this level — and saved to any of 50 user kits, as well as blended with stock kits and further edited using the TD-17’s powerful processing and effects engine, which includes virtual tuning and muffling, virtual snare tension, compression, EQ, reverb, and more.
Stream songs and MIDI over Bluetooth
An onboard Bluetooth 4.2 transceiver gives the TD-17 the edge for practice and recording. Stream music from your phone to the module wirelessly, without cables, and play along to your heart’s content. When you’re ready to bottle that inspiration, the TD-17 also features MIDI over Bluetooth to send MIDI note values out to a compatible device. Audio/MIDI over USB and a traditional 5-pin MIDI output are also available.
Additional trigger inputs grow with your kit
In addition to accepting the included multi-pin cable harness, the TD-17 sports two additional 1/4″ dual-trigger inputs for an additional crash and auxiliary pad as your needs grow.
What’s New in the TD-17KVX?
- PDX-12 snare pad
- The dual-trigger 12″ PDX-12 facilitates lifelike snare performance — realistic buzz rolls and rim shots — without altering the way you play. Its 12″ size makes a smooth transition from kit-sized snares. And its tuneable two-ply mesh head lets players tweak how many rebounds they prefer, from soft and pillowy to tight and precise.
- KD-10 kick pad
The tower-style KD-10 features an adaptive playing surface that responds more like an acoustic bass drum head, providing realistic feedback for attack and dynamics. Its redesigned frame greatly reduces physical movement to minimize flexing and scooting. On a rug or carpet, it’s rock-solid, with spurs to anchor it in place. The KD-10 accepts single or double pedals, so whatever style of music you’re into, this pad delivers.
Mount this advanced 10″ hi-hat pad to your favourite hi-hat stand (not included) using the included clutch and trigger base, and the VH-10 rewards you with realistic pumps, splashes, and closed-to-open contrast. Its dual-trigger system is able to capture nuances that many others miss. And its textured playing surface reduces acoustic volume to keep practice and performances quiet.
What else is included?
- PDX-8 toms (x3) — These 8″ V-Toms have dual triggers to accurately capture performances across the head and rim. Within the TD-17, you can assign different sounds to head and rim — percussion, SFX, etc. — and get more out of your kit.
- CY-12C crashes (x2) — The natural swing and optimized sensitivity of these 12″ V-Cymbals adds extra realism, with dual trigger zones to faithfully capture the emotion in your performances.
- CY-13R ride — This V-Cymbal Ride’s three trigger zones (bell, bow, and edge) provide an expressive response that any seasoned drummer will appreciate.
MDS-COM drum stand + accessories
Your TD-17KVX sets up quickly and securely, thanks to the included Roland MDS-COM. This rack-style stand ships with boom arms for cymbals and stable, easy-position MDH-12 mounts for toms and snare. Non-slip rubber feet reduce rocking and scooting as you play. Also included: a multi-pin trigger cable harness, module mount, smartphone tray, and power supply. Discover a new level of pro-ready features and realism with the Roland V-Drums TD-17KVX from Musiekwereld.
- Total Number of Pads: 5 x drum pads, 3 x cymbal pads
- Included Snare/Tom Pads: PDX-12 Dual Trigger Mesh Snare, 3 x PDX-8 Dual Trigger Mesh Toms
- Included Kick Pads: KD-10 Kick Trigger Pad
- Included Cymbal Pads: 2 x 12″ CY-12C Dual Trigger Pads, 1 x CY-13R 3-way Trigger Zones, 12″ VH-10 Dual Trigger Hi-hat Cymbal
- Included Drum Module: TD17 Drum Module
- Number of Drum Kits: 50 Preset, 50 User
- Number of Instruments: 310 Instruments
- Effects: Ambience, 3-band EQ, Tuning, Muffling, Snare Buzz, Strainer, 30 x Multi-effect
- Module Trigger Inputs: 2 x 1/4″ (crash 2, aux), 1 x DB-25
- Module Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8″ (mix in)
- Module Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (master out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- Module MIDI I/O: Out/USB/Bluetooth
- Other I/O : Bluetooth 4.2 (audio streaming/MIDI)
- USB: 1 x Type B (stereo in/out)
- Storage: SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32GB)
- Included Hardware: MDS-COM Stand
- Manufacturer Part Number: TD-17KVX-S