Delay Guitar Effect Pedal with 10 Seconds of Delay, 11 Delay Modes, 40-second Looper with Overdub, Tap Tempo, Carryover Switch, Twist Function, True Stereo I/O with 3 Output Modes, Smart I/O, and 2 Footswitch Inputs
An Ultra-powerful, Compact Digital Delay
Ever since they released the DM-1 Delay Machine in 1978, the BOSS name has been synonymous with great-sounding delay pedals. The DD-8 Digital Delay is their most powerful one yet. This compact delay stompbox boasts up to 10 seconds of delay, along with 11 versatile delay modes that range from crystal-clear repeats to glitchy and modulated echoes. The DD-8 is ideal for practice, soundchecks, and on-the-fly backing tracks, courtesy of its 40-second looper. And synchronizing your repeats to a song is a breeze, thanks to tap tempo. You also get a carryover switch, which enables delay trails to continue after the effect is bypassed. The DD-8 is teeming with flexible stereo I/O, while three selectable output modes achieve a wide range of effects. The BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay includes external footswitch jacks for on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a captivating Twist effect.
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays
Whether you want to add crystal-clear repeats to your leads or soak your playing in vintage-tinged ambient textures, the DD-8 delivers the goods. Modulated echoes are also on tap, as are speciality effects like shimmer and reverse delays. Want to combine digital precision with analogue warmth? Then you’ll appreciate the DD-8’s Warm mode. Conjure up dynamic ambient textures with Warp mode, then explore glitchy, out-of-this-world frontiers with the GLT mode. When we demoed the DD-8 here at Musiekwerled, we enjoyed playing lightning-fast runs through the +RV mode — this delay/reverb combo epitomizes the hyper-processed guitar sound that was all the rage in the late ’80s.
- Analog — Classic analog BBD delay.
- Standard — Crystal-clear digital delay.
- Tape — Vintage tape-based delay.
- Warm — Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse —Backwards delay.
- +RV — Digital delay with reverb.
- Shimmer — Lush, pitch-shifted delay.
- Mod — Digital delay with modulation on repeats.
- Warp — Delay with expressive pedal control.
- GLT — Creates rhythmic, glitchy machine-gun effects.
- Loop —Loop recorder with overdub capability and 40 seconds of recording time (in mono).
Everything sounds bigger in stereo
Thanks to its full stereo I/O and three output modes, the BOSS DD-8 sounds HUGE! Use the independent setting to route a short delay to Output A, while sending a long delay (double that of Output A) to Output B, for an instant Steve Vai vibe. Dial-in ping-pong delay effects with the panning mode. Give your performance enhanced spatial depth with the wide stereo mode. Smart I/O functionality enables you to use the DD-8 for an endless array of applications. It supports a wide range of mono and stereo connections, including discrete dry and effect outputs — a must-have for wet/dry setups. You can even defeat the dry signal entirely, which is great for delay-only blending in your amp’s parallel effects loop.
Loaded with essential modern features
The DD-8 is an expressive digital delay, thanks to a bevvy of essential modern features. Tap tempo enables you to synchronize the delay’s tempo via the onboard pedal switch. You can also use the onboard pedal switch to control the DD-8’s Warp and GLT modes. And if you want the ultimate in creative expression, add one or two more footswitches for on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a soaring, echo-laden Twist effect. You can also use an expression pedal for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time — or all of them at once. You also get a 40-second looper, with overdub capabilities, that’s ideal for practice, soundchecks, and creating on-the-fly backing during a live performance.
- Pedal Type: Delay, Looper
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Presets: 10 x Delays, Tap Tempo
- Effects: Analog BBD, Standard Digital, Tape, Warm, Reverse, +Reverb, Shimmer, Warp, Glitch
- Max Delay Time: up to 10 seconds
- Looping Time: Up to 40 seconds
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4″
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (stereo, wet/dry, mono)
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4″ (external tap/expression)
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 65mA
- Batteries: 1 x 9V Alkaline
- Height: 2.37″
- Width: 2.87″
- Depth: 5.12″
- Manufacturer Part Number: DD-8